Watermelon pizzas. Without a visual, that sounds just plain awful. But once you get a gander at it, we think you're going to be all about this cool, creative sunny weather dessert (or breakfast pizza treat). Rounds of cross-section slices of watermelon act as the "crust." Yogurt or cream cheese of some sort is the "sauce," and then the toppings are limited only by your imagination. Watch this video from Eating Well to see how to make your own watermelon pizzas, and check out some of the most mouth-watering, beautiful examples from across the Instagram-sphere for more inspiration.
1. There's just something about frosty fruit that gets me every time. This watermelon pizza from @curlew_and_dragonfly in Munich, Germany, is topped with raspberries, strawberries blackberries and red currants--all atop a raspberry-coconut yogurt.
View this post on Instagram
Second breakfast with the boys before we are off to austria for a little hike: This years first watermelon pizza! A very light and refreshing variation of an all time classic: watermelon, rasberries, strawberries, blackberries, redcurrant and rasberries-coconut yogurt. Wishing you a happy and sunny sunday! #breakfast #breakfastlover #secondbreakfast #watermelon #pizza #watermelonpizza #blackberry #rasberry #strawberry #redcurrant #veganyogurt #wholefoods #naturalbeauty #eattherainbow #feeltheglow #healthylifestyle #healthyfood #comfortfood #soulfood #foodphotography #foodlover #foodstyling #foodshare #foodporn #foodblogger #love #veganfood #happiness #happyandhealthy
2. Those edible flowers make for a sophisticated touch on this pizza topped with kiwi, blueberries, cherries, and yogurt from @the_sunkissed_kitchen via @stephs_fit_kitchen.
View this post on Instagram
Just spending my Monday morning obsessing over this watermelon, fruit pizza by the ridiculously talented @the_sunkissed_kitchen I need this today, I'm still full of cold and exhausted, with a full day of teaching tomorrow and the London marathon in just a few short days (that crept up quickly!) • #SFK #nutrition #fruit #health #healthy #pizza #fruitpizza #colours #vegan #vegetarian #eattherainbow #watermelon #watermelonpizza #weightloss #fatloss #recipes #kitchen #food #training
3. We are totally loving the red and green theme that's going on here. You'd think that pairing of plums, strawberries, kiwi, raspberries, and bing cherries (with some crunchy granola tossed in for texture) would scream Christmas. But it's summer all the way with @the_social_kitchen's pizza.
4. @mbsfestival presents chocolate + passion fruit and coconut flakes, dragon fruit, apple slices, sugar-dusted raspberries--oh my! I'm going for the chocolate-drizzled mango slice. How about you?
5. This is a beautiful example of how you slay [the] dragon fruit in the most delicious of ways. @the_sunkissed_kitchen has curated this picture-perfect pizza that also includes red currant, blueberries, figs, and edible flowers.
6. The flower-shaped mini-watermelon bits are such a cute touch in this watermelon pizza from @dziner_sides. It also includes chocolate, cream cheese, toasted almonds, mint, and edible flowers. Genius!
7. The red, white, and blue from @mykitchenstories with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and sliced mint is giving me Fourth of July fireworks-like feelings.
8. This version of a watermelon pizza from @laras.kitchen with raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and snapdragons looks extra minty fresh!
9. Figs, blackberries, and chocolate drizzle makes for a rich, warm flavor combo with this @livobel watermelon pizza creation. Mmm...
10. Brilliant watermelon pizza pops! Drizzled with chocolate and dusted with almonds and crushed pistachios! Gimme, gimme! Well done, @voodoochildcollective.
More Creative Watermelon Ideas:
- 10 Gorgeous Watermelon Drinks to Bust Your Thirst All Summer
- 5 Healthy Ways to Eat — And Drink — More Watermelon
- Jaw-Dropping Watermelon Art From Around The World