Rocky road, butter pecan, caramel macchiato, and more; find favorite flavors or discover your newest obsession!
Tips for Adding Flavor
- To get the most flavor from a vanilla bean, split it lengthwise with a sharp knife and scrape the seeds into the milk. After the bean has steeped remove the pod, rinse in cold water, and pat dry.
- Infuse herbs and spices into the mixture as you heat the milk.
- Extracts, liqueurs, and flavoring oils (citrus, peppermint, cinnamon) should be added after the custard has cooled slightly.
- Add ripe fruits and berries to your ice cream base: sprinkle fruit with sugar and crush it with a potato masher before mixing it in to add more flavor.
- To add nuts, chocolate, crumbled cookies, or whole berries, let the ice cream reach the consistency of soft-serve, and then stir in the garnishes.
“The pairing of caramel and coffee flavors is just simply, dreamy delicious.” — naples34102
“This is the absolute best butter pecan ice cream I’ve ever tasted! I’m even eating it before it’s had a chance to freeze solid!” — REDHEADEDROIT
“Quite simple for someone like me to make without messing it up. Flavor is just wonderful.” — Sarah Jo
“This is an excellent basic vanilla ice cream. You can add the cherries or add candy or whatever. So easy and very very creamy.” — dgessner
“DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! Absolutely DIVINE ice cream. I quadrupled it because we have a large ice cream machine.” — Mykaela
“If I could give this TEN stars, I would. By far, the best homemade ice cream I’ve ever done.” — hotdoughnutsnow!
“This recipe is off the hook good! I served it to dinner guests with a wedge of grilled fresh pineapple, and it was a big hit.” — tmcp
“This is the best homemade vanilla ice cream I’ve ever had. The honey and brown sugar give it a rich, buttery taste that can’t be beat.” — M. McCarthy
“This was fantastic. I used chocolate mint Oreos instead of the chocolate, and it was fabulous!” — Calli
“We made this ice cream with fresh from the orchard peaches and it was DELICIOUS!”
“This recipe reminds me of homemade ice cream that we made when I was growing up! It is very creamy and simply delicious!” — JNORS
“This ice cream is FANTASTIC! I’d say it’s on par with anything you can get in the store.”