Get tips for making the most out of your day at the beach.
Our crack squad of seasoned beach bums has put together some tasty treats and sunny ideas to help you snag some surf-side fun this summer!
Grills or fire pits are often available at the beach. But if you’re not sure and you’re planning a cookout, check first with the beach authorities.
- Black Bean and Corn Salad II
- Sweet Grilled Corn
- Hawaiian Coleslaw
- Caramelized Onions on the Grill
- More BBQ Side Dishes
Cocktail and Mocktail Recipes:
- Easy Key Lime Pie I
- Pina Colada Cake III
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches
- More Fabulous Desserts
Add these details to kick your party into surf mode.
- Coat bare noses with neon-colored zinc oxide.
- Hand out puka shell necklaces.
- Award prizes for best boardshorts, coolest surfer print T-shirt, or most indestructible Annette Funicello hair-do.
Beach Party Checklist
Here are some essential items to pack for a day under the hot sun–and a few that are just for fun.
- Hats with protective brims
- Beach towels and/or blankets
- Large beach umbrellas
- Beach balls
- Soccer ball
- Sand buckets and shovels
- Volleyball set
Savoring the Surfer Lingo, Brah
If a day spent duck-diving your way out to the line-up to shred the gnarl gets you totally stoked; if popping up on the deck of your stick when the waves are totally macking and going off in the barrel of a gnarly keg sounds seriously festy; then you might just be a total surfer marley!
Others of us might be more keen on just beaching ourselves in a lounge chair and popping the top on a cold beverage. To each her own.
The first rule of the beach is no harshin’ anyone else’s mellow! Shocka-brah to all!