The best side dishes for a barbecue are the kinds you prepare right at the grill, or nestled into the coals.
Most vegetables and fruits, from bell peppers and corn to bananas and cantaloupe, are delicious when seasoned and cooked directly on the grill–or dotted with butter and herbs and wrapped in foil pouches to cook in the hot embers.
Grilled Zucchini and Summer Squash
- Miss Bettie’s Zesty Grilled Corn
- Margarita Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob
Other Grilled Vegetables
- Skewered Grilled Potatoes
- Grilled Cauliflower
- Cabbage on the Grill
- Coconut and Lime Grilled Kale
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Another favorite? You can’t beat bread fresh off the grill.