Carpaccio is an impressive way to start any romantic dinner. But carpaccio formed into a heart-shaped valentine? That's just epic. It's love in the raw.
Ah, the romance! Here’s how to make Chef John's "meatheart for your sweetheart" for Valentine's Day. And don't miss his video below.
1. Start with a high-quality, fully trimmed fillet of beef…and a very sharp knife.
2. Using your very sharp knife, slice the beef across the grain into thin slices.
3. Then form the slices into a heart shape.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and gently pound into a super-thin sheet about ⅛-inch thick.
5. Serve your impossibly romantic meatheart valentine with this simple salad.
To fully grok the subtle details, check out Chef John's video for How to Make Heart-Shaped Carpaccio.