If you're craving Chinese takeout, but worried about the calories, then these homemade recipes are just what you need. They've got all the Asian flavors that you crave, but with a lot less calories, and a lot more healthy veggies.
1. Chinese Chicken Salad III | 393 Calories
Rave Review: "My family thought this was one of the best chicken dishes they'd tasted! Spicy, but not too spicy -- and low-fat is an added bonus." -- BSHMITZ
2. Chinese Pepper Steak | 312 Calories
This veggie-packed dish is made with pantry staples and tastes delicious served with noodles or rice.
3. Chinese Take-Out Shrimp with Garlic | 227 Calories
Rave Review: "WOW! If you are a garlic lover, a seafood lover, and like an Asian-inspired dish with some heat, STOP, you have found the perfect recipe! This was really delicious, I prepared exactly as written and just added some more veg, some shredded carrot and red pepper strips." -- Saveur
4. Chinese Pork Tenderloin | 222 Calories
Lean pork tenderloins are marinated in a spicy ginger sauce and taste just like a dish you'd get in a fancy restaurant.
5. Authentic Chinese Steamed Fish | 379 Calories
This 5-ingredient winner is ready in 30 minutes and is scrumptious with white rice.
6. Black Pepper Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry | 280 Calories
Rave Review: "Good and versatile recipe. I have made it with beef and turkey and both are delicious. I use whatever color bell pepper I have on hand and I double the vegetables. Fast, healthy, yummy!" -- Nadia E
7. Chicken with Green Peppers in Black Bean Sauce | 253 Calories
Rave Review: "This is delicious. When I am craving Chinese Food I make this up in a hurry. Wonderful recipe, thank you for sharing! -- KELLMC78
8. Chinese Chicken Fried Rice II | 255 Calories
Fried rice that's low in calories, and ready in 15 minutes -- yes, please! Watch, and see how easy it is to make.
9. Restaurant Style Beef and Broccoli | 331 Calories
This recipe has over 2,000 reviews, and loved by our home-cooks.
10. Sweet and Spicy Stir Fry with Chicken and Broccoli | 156 Calories
This recipe is similar to the beef and broccoli, but made with chicken instead, and ready in a speedy 30 minutes.
- Explore our entire collection of Chinese recipes.
- These Quick and Easy Chinese Dinners Are Better Than Takeout
- Our Top Copycat P.F. Chang’s Recipes