Think there's no way to improve the classic chocolate chip cookie? We've got ten!
1. Soft and Crispy: Divide cookie dough in half. With first half, scoop teaspoon-size balls of dough onto a baking sheet. Wet your thumb and press the dough balls down to flatten them—the thinner, the crispier. After baking, crumble cookies back into remaining dough and mix. Scoop out large, thick balls of dough (about 3 tablespoons each) onto baking sheet and bake as usual. The resulting cookies will be soft with crispy bits inside.
2. Drizzle in the Forecast: Drizzle cooled cookies with salted caramel and hot fudge sauces.
3. Wake Up and Smell the Cookies: Add 1 to 2 teaspoons instant coffee to the batter to give it a touch of java flavor—and a caffeine boost!
4. Cookie Turned Cupcake: Put dough in lined muffin pan, filling liners almost to the top, and increase baking time by 15 to 20 minutes. Frost with a big swirl of frosting and some sprinkles.
5. Sweet and Salty: Top dough balls with smoked sea salt before baking.
6. Double Dough: Sandwich cookie-dough-flavored ice cream between two cooled baked cookies.
7. Stick with It: Press each ball of dough onto a Popsicle stick before baking. After the cookies cool, dunk them in melted chocolate.
8. Brownie Points: Brown the butter needed for your recipe, let stand until it returns to room temperature, then use as directed. Brown butter gives cookies a rich, nutty flavor.
9. Holiday Pizzazz: If your recipe calls for milk, substitute eggnog for a little holiday cheer any time of year.
10. Reach for the Moon: Make chocolate-chip-cookies like a MoonPie by spreading marshmallow crème between two baked cookies.
- Explore a world of chocolate chip cookie recipes here.
- Get top tips for baking great cookies from scratch.