Start Christmas morning with traditional holiday breads or a rich breakfast casserole
Get holiday breakfast ideas that are easy to make and so special to share:
These hearty breakfast casseroles will keep everyone satisfied for a whole morning of gift-giving.
- Baked Brunch Omelet
- Sausage Casserole
- Bread Pudding II
- Apple Raisin French Toast Strata
- More Breakfast Casseroles
For an easy Christmas breakfast, bake yeast breads ahead of time and warm them up Christmas morning. Reheat them, still wrapped in aluminum foil, in a 300 degree F (150 degree C) oven for 30 minutes.
Baking for a family of nibblers? Try a little pumpkin butter with any one of these muffins, scones, or fruit breads.
- These can be baked and frozen at least a week in advance. Warm them up on Christmas morning in a 300 degree F (150 degree C) oven.
- Allow 30 minutes or so to warm a frozen coffeecake, and 10 to 20 minutes for muffins.
- Restaurant-Quality Maple Oatmeal Scones
- Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
- Amazing Pecan Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Butter I
- More Quick Breads
Pie for breakfast? Oh yeah! Most baked pies can be frozen for up to 6 months. Pumpkin pies should be enjoyed within six weeks.
A few important notes for making pies to freeze:
- Brush the bottom crust with melted shortening before filling; bake as directed. When completely cooled, seal well with plastic wrap or foil.
- To defrost, pop the frozen pie into a preheated 375 degree F (109 degree C) oven for about 45 minutes.
- Pumpkin Maple Pie Supreme
- Meatless Mincemeat Pie
- Vermont Apple Pie
- Buttery Cranberry Pie
- More Christmas Pies
Can’t get enough eggnog, gingerbread, peppermint, or pumpkin during the holidays? Serve up these delightful seasonal favorites:
- Grandma’s Gingerbread Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Gingerbread Waffles with Hot Chocolate Sauce
- Eggnog French Toast
- Eggnog Pancakes
Don’t forget the candy cane cocoa!
- Make the season bright with tried-and-true Christmas Recipes.
- Christmas Baking Recipes
- Baking Quick Breads
- All About Christmas Breads
- Making Mincemeat Pies
- Video: How to Make Breakfast Casseroles