- What type of photos can I submit to Allrecipes?
- What do I need in order to post a photo?
- What are the guidelines for photo submission?
- How do I submit a recipe photo?
- How do I submit a Profile Picture?
- What happens after you submit a photo?
- Why can’t I see my photo?
What type of photos can I submit to Allrecipes?
Submitting photos is so fun! You can publish several types of photos on Allrecipes. Photos will be displayed on your Cook’s Profile page and in the recipe gallery area on the Recipe Page.
- Recipe photos. What did you make for dinner last night? Did it taste great—and look great? Send us a photo!
- Personal photos. Send us photos of your friends and family enjoying your recipes. Or how about your kids’ birthday cake? If you’ve made it and you’re proud, submit a photo!
- Cover photos. This is a long, large photo that is a banner across your profile page. Environmental and panoramic shots work great here!
What do I need in order to post a photo?
- You must be an Allrecipes Member. If you’re not a member, sign up here—it’s free!
- A digital camera.
- A computer.
What are the guidelines for photo submission?
- Photo location. The photo should be stored on your computer in a digital format.
- Format. The photo should be in one of the following file formats (in a photo title “myrecipe.jpg” the “.jpg” indicates the file format):
- Size. The photo must be at least 960×960 pixels. The photo should be no larger than 4MB.
How do I submit a recipe photo?
You can submit a recipe photo right on the recipe page!
Click the camera icon on the recipe’s existing photo:
On the next page, click “Add your Photo”.
And then simply click “Add a Photo” and upload your photo! We can’t wait to see what you make!
How do I submit a Profile Picture or Cover Photo?
- Click on your display name on the top right of the page & select Favorites.
- Click About Me on the left side of the page.
- Click Edit Public Profile.
- Click Profile Photo or Cover Photo at the top of the page.
- Choose your image from your computer.
- You can make a comment on the photo you upload, once finished, click Post Photo.
What happens after I submit a photo?
After you have uploaded the image, your photo will automatically appear in your My Photos page, Cook’s Profile, and, if a recipe photo, on the Recipe Photos page for that recipe. Note: Once your image will still be subject to review and might be removed due to content and/or quality issues.
Why has my photo disappeared?
If your photo disappears, it could be for several reasons:
- Photo is unsuitable. Our editors determined the content was not suitable for publication. In general, any message, information, text, or photo that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable will be removed. For more information see our Terms and Conditions.
- Photo is protected by intellectual property laws. Allrecipes cannot publish any images that are protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent. If you feel Allrecipes has made this decision in error, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photo has a file problem. Make sure your photo file meets our file criteria. If your photo status indicates it was rejected because we were unable to use the file, check to make sure your file is one of the following formats: jpg, gif, PNG. Also, the photo cannot exceed 20 MB in size. If your file meets these criteria and you still cannot submit it, please try again later. Our servers and/or your Internet service provider might be experiencing technical difficulties.