You're going to love how quickly and easily these slow cooker comfort food recipes go from prep to pot in 15 minutes or less. Best of all, they really do live up to the promise of one-pot cooking because you don't have to dirty up any extra pans to get ingredients ready for the crock pot. Keep these ideas handy for when you just don't have time for a lot of work before hitting the ON switch.
Related: Get top-rated slow cooker recipes.
10 Easy Slow Cooker Comfort Foods
1. Slow Cooker Chicken and Salsa | Prep time 5 minutes
This 3-ingredient recipe sounds way too simple to be good, but reviewers can't stop raving about it. Ponawanda says she got two great meals out of it for her family of four.
2. Slow Cooker Carnitas | Prep time 10 minutes
Rub a boneless pork shoulder with a handful of spices you probably already have in your pantry to get a big pot of mouthwatering Mexican-style meat you can stuff into tacos, enchiladas, and burritos. Cooked in this quantity, it's a perfect candidate for make-and-freeze meals to stash away for your busiest nights. Watch the video to see how to make this family-favorite.
3. Chicken Cacciatore in a Slow Cooker | Prep time 10 minutes
Feel free to use chicken thighs instead of skinless boneless chicken breasts in this saucy recipe because they really do stand up better to hours of slow cooking. Try it both ways and see which one you prefer.
4. Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Pork | Prep time 10 minutes
You can use a pork loin roast instead of the pork chops called for in the recipe. It's especially delicious served over fragrant coconut rice.
5. Hungarian Goulash II | Prep time 15 minutes
You can cut up the beef chuck roast the night before you plan to make this, whisk the sauce together, and stash everything in the fridge. Then pop it all into the slow cooker in the morning, turn it on, and get on with your day. Could it be any easier?
6. Mother's Pot Roast | Prep time 10 minutes
The basic recipe calls for 5 simple ingredients, but you can easily add carrots and potatoes to make this a complete meal. Talk about one-pot convenience.
7. Frank's Favorite Slow-Cooker Thai Chicken | Prep time 15 minutes
Many reviewers said they were skeptical about combining salsa and peanut butter to make this recipe, but in the end they were won over by the flavor. "Amazing! Usually my attempts at slow cooking are bland failures, but this turned out incredible." -- Deschions
8. Flaming Slow Cooker Pork | Prep time 5 minutes
"Love this recipe! I make this frequently on the weekends then freeze it for easy meals during the week. I usually make 2 separate freezer meals from this. So delicious and easy!" -- laurenherlache
9. Slow Cooker Turkey Chili | Prep time 10 minutes
"The cayenne and the hot pepper sauce is what determines how spicy it gets," says lala, who submitted the recipe. "So start with the little that I recommended and then you can always add more."
10. Honey-Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs | Prep time 10 minutes
"Delicious! These were cooked perfectly. I used 6 bl/sl thighs, but kept the sauce ingredients the same. After the thighs were cooked, I took them out of the slow cooker and stirred in a little cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce, which worked out great." -- Christina
Related Slow Cooking Tips and Ideas
- For the ultimate in meal-planning, try these make-and-freeze meal kits for your slow cooker.
- Learn the simple tricks that take slow cooker meals from good to great.
- Find out how to convert stovetop and oven recipes to slow cooker recipes.