Here's how to put together a beautiful Easter buffet from start to finish in just a couple of hours. We break it all down for you with suggested recipes and a simple timeline to help you organize your day. Happy Easter!
Your Easter Buffet Menu
We've hand-picked these easy recipes for your party and included make-ahead tips just in case you want to get a jump on the preparations.
- Honey-Glazed Ham | Prep: 20 minutes | Ready in 1 hour 35 minutes.
- Whipped Sweet Potato Casserole | Prep: 10 minutes | Ready in 40 minutes. Tip: You can prep this a day ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you're ready to bake it.
- Lemon Green Beans with Walnuts | Prep: 15 minutes | Ready in 30 minutes. Tip: You can trim and steam the beans the night before, and reheat them the next day in a steam basket or for a few seconds in the microwave. Just undercook them slightly so they don't overcook when you heat them.
- Angel Biscuits II | Prep: 35 minutes | Ready in 1 hour 45 minutes. Tip: Instead of spending time making biscuits on the day, form and freeze them up to a month in advance. Cut out the dough and place the unrisen biscuits on a lined baking sheet to freeze solid, then store them in a freezer bag. On Easter morning, put the frozen biscuits on a lined baking sheet and let them thaw and rise. This could take 4 or 5 hours. Then bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Pat's Award Winning Carrot Cake | Prep: 45 minutes | Ready in 1 hour 45 minutes. Tip: Make this the day before. The recipe makes a cake that will still be moist and delicious the next day.
More Easter Menu Ideas
* How to Cook A Ham
* These Potatoes Are Your Ham's BFFs
* 8 Make-Ahead Easter Brunch Recipes
* 11 East Easter Treats Any Bunny Can Make
* Pitchers of lemonade or bowls of punches make colorful, easy-to-serve drinks.
Easter Buffet Timeline
Use this timeline if you're doing all the cooking (except for the cake) on party day.
- The night before, bake and ice the carrot cake; toast the walnuts.
- Two hours before the meal, make the angel biscuits and let them rise.
- Cook the ham, glazing periodically as instructed.
- Boil the sweet potatoes and prep the casserole while the ham is baking.
- Remove the ham from oven; bake the sweet potato casserole.
- Steam the green beans while the sweet potatoes are in the oven.
- Bake the biscuits.
VIDEO: See How to Prep Your Easter Buffet Menu
- Set the table with pastel or cream-colored linens. Clean and ready serving dishes. Find a nice basket (or brightly colored Easter basket) to hold biscuits.
- Line miniature pots of spring flowers--daffodils or tulips--down the center of the table. Later, the flowers can be planted in the garden or in outdoor pots.
- Keep your centerpieces low so that guests can see each other. Use tall arrangements for dramatic displays near the serving area or on side tables. Try setting out florist buckets of forsythia or pussy willow branches in addition to the traditional lilies.