For a simple but special holiday meal, let guests help themselves to Easter favorites.
This easy menu (and a few tips) will allow you to relax and enjoy the holiday.
Your Easter Buffet Menu
- Honey-Glazed Ham | Line the baking dish with foil to make clean-up easy. The sweet glaze can get a little messy!
- Whipped Sweet Potato Casserole | Taste as you go, adding a little bit of brown sugar at a time until the sweetness is just right for your taste.
- Lemon Green Beans with Walnuts | Because too much lemon zest can overpower a dish, add the zest a little bit at a time until the taste is just right.
- Angel Biscuits II | Light and fluffy angel biscuits are a cross between a roll and a biscuit — they’re perfect for leftover ham sandwiches. Better make two batches!
- Pat’s Award Winning Carrot Cake | Check out the secret ingredient! You can also make this moist cake as a layer cake.
Related: How to Cook A Ham
Here’s the Gameplan
- In the morning, or the night before, bake and ice the carrot cake; toast the walnuts.
- Two hours before the meal, make the angel biscuits and let them rise.
- Cook the ham, glazing periodically as instructed.
- Boil the sweet potatoes.
- Remove the ham from oven; bake the sweet potato casserole.
- Steam the green beans and toss them with seasonings.
- Bake the biscuits.
VIDEO: See How to Prep Your Easter Buffet Menu
- Set the table with pastel or cream-colored linens. Clean and ready serving dishes. Find a nice basket (or brightly colored Easter basket) to hold biscuits.
- Line miniature pots of spring flowers–daffodils or tulips–down the center of the table. Later, the flowers can be planted in the garden or in outdoor pots.
- Keep your centerpieces low so that guests can see each other. Use tall arrangements for dramatic displays near the serving area or on side tables. Try setting out florist buckets of forsythia or pussy willow branches in addition to the traditional lilies.
If the weather cooperates, serve dessert outdoors. Let kids decorate cupcakes for dessert. Fancy lemonades and punches make festive drinks.
Get hopping on your Easter plans! Explore our Easter Recipe Collection.