These easy-to-make cakes are as simple as they come, and they're all done from scratch. No boxed mix, no canned fruit. And no complicated prep. You just stir up some batter, throw in the pick of the season's best fruit, and bake. You don't even have to frost them. Hello, lazy summer desserts.
Rave review: "This was super easy to make and very very good! It taste just like cobbler, only the texture seems lighter. My kids approved so I think it's a keeper." -- SamBo
Rave review: "I'm not a baker, but I found this recipe easy to follow and it turned out great! My husband isn't crazy about any cake, but he loved this!" -- Lynn
Rave review: "Never made anything like this before. It turned out perfect the first go-around. My family loved it and couldn't get enough. Delicious. Peach lovers have got to try it." -- Jarrod Richardson
Rave review: "This is so good and easy. My number one hit right now. Made no changes to it, comes out perfect!" -- Aigul
Rave review: "Excellent recipe -- I have probably made this a dozen times...the recipe does not say to use a 9" springform pan but this is the best I have found." -- twinboys
Rave review: "My husband doesn't care for rhubarb and he ate half the cake the first day and raved about how good it was." -- Carolc
Rave review: "I usually mess up every dessert I make, but not this one. Super easy and really good." -- Brook
Rave review: "This is spectacular! I usually use sour cherries as I enjoy them more, and I substituted some of the flour with almond flour. It's very easy to make and it's really moist, everything a good cake should be." -- paintinglilies
More Summer Dessert Ideas
- 10 Super Cute Summer Party Desserts Your Friends Will Love
- 7 Luscious Desserts to Make With Fresh Summer Cherries
- Pucker up for Our Top 10 Sweet/Tart Lemon Desserts
- These 10 Kid-Pleasing Summer Desserts Are 5 Ingredients or Less
- 9 Easy Summer Desserts Ready to Impress in Under 30 Minutes
- Browse our entire collection of delicious summer desserts.
- Check out Allrecipes Sweet Life -- your destination for dessert inspiration.