You know how it is — you get home from work, you’re tired and hungry, and need something tasty and quick. Before you start dialing the local takeout, check out these simple recipes. They’re all ready in 40 minutes or less, and for the most part, require pantry staples. So, get ready to raid the pantry, the fridge, the freezer, or your garden, and see what delicious meals you can make.
1. Simple Lemon Herb Chicken | Ready in 25 mins
A simple pan-fried lemon and herb chicken breast is a tasty quick meal. Serve with some salad, or whatever vegetables you can forage from your fridge/freezer.
2.Baked Macaroni Cheese | Ready in 40 mins
Comfort food at its best. This 5-ingredient recipe is particularly easy to make.
3. Chef John’s BLT Pasta | Ready in 40 mins
Your favorite BLT favor combo, but with pasta.
4. Lo Mein Noodles | Ready in 40 mins
This noodle dish is hearty and delicious. Add some grilled chicken or beef to make it even more satisfying.
5. Quick and Easy Chicken Piquant | Ready in 25 mins
If you’re lucky enough to have pickles, capers, and chicken in the fridge, this tangy dinner could be yours.
6. Egg Curry | Ready in 35 mins
Raid the spice drawer to make this simple Indian, egg curry.
7. Mexican Shakshuka | Ready in 30 mins
Eggs save the day again in this Mexican-inspired dish. Serve with some bread or tortillas.
8. Spaghetti Aglio e Olio | Ready in 32 mins
Some red pepper flakes, and a healthy dose of garlic make this pasta dish taste restaurant-quality.
9. Chana Masala (Savory Indian Chick Peas) | Ready in 30 mins
A can of chickpeas is the primary protein in this super satisfying vegetarian curry.
10. Stir-Fry Chicken and Vegetables | Ready in 40 mins
This recipe does require a lot of different vegetables, but you easily use what you have and cut it down to one or two veggies.
- 8 Quick Dinners That Use Ingredients You Probably Have on Hand
- 10 Easy 20-Minute Chicken Dinners
- Dinner for One in 30 Minutes