Getting dinner on the table for your gluten-free family shouldn't be stressful. Look to fresh vegetables, meats, and quick-cooking whole grains to keep things healthy, satisfying, and quick to prepare. Keep your fridge and pantry stocked (see list below) with ingredients to eliminate any mealtime angst. Check out our delicious options below for a variety of weeknight options that will get dinner on the table in less than an hour!
Serve a succulent steak with a pot of jasmine rice or a jumble of roasted vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes and broccoli that can be cooked in an oven set to 375 F for 45 minutes.
This wholesome bowl full of protein, fresh veggies, and nutty brown rice is the perfect one-bowl meal. It can be whipped up in 45 minutes.
Light and healthy, zucchini stands in for pasta in this recipe that is completely gluten-free. Try substituting spaghetti squash "noodles" for the zucchini.
This pilaf is a complete meal on its own or you can serve it alongside a roast chicken or piece of grilled fish for extra protein.
Whole grain powerhouse quinoa is a welcome addition to this warming soup. Cook the quinoa at the same time you make the soup to reduce the time needed to complete this recipe.
Save this one for nights when you're running late and/or in need of some extra comfort. Bacon and Pecorino Romano cheese tossed with gluten-free spaghetti is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Gluten-free meatballs - what could be better? Try these over polenta instead of pasta for a change of pace.
Chili doesn't really need an accompaniment, but if you're extra hungry gluten-free cornbread muffins round out the meal nicely.
Keep in the Pantry
- Whole grains: millet, quinoa, brown and white rice, polenta
- Canned beans (black, navy, chickpea, kidney) and tomatoes
- A variety of gluten-free pasta
Keep in the Fridge
- Fresh vegetables such as zucchini
- Longer-lasting vegetables such as butternut, acorn or spaghetti squash, sweet potatoes, onions, and garlic
- In the freezer: spinach, peas, shrimp, chicken, ground turkey
- 3 Gluten-Free Menus for Summer Entertaining
- Our Best Kid-Friendly Gluten-Free Dinners
- 7 Gluten-Free Slow-Cooker Dinners