Many fancy Italian pasta sauces are actually very quick to make, and are ideal for busy weeknight dinners. Most are made with pantry staples plus a generous helping of Parmesan cheese. Here are 10 quick pasta sauce ideas to add to your weeknight recipe rotation.
1. Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta | Ready in 30 mins
This creamy sauce is almost like a carbonara, but with smoked salmon instead of bacon. Der Juana says, “I added a little white wine and a few teaspoons of lemon juice. I could not stop telling all my friends how delicious it was. Definitely a keeper.”
2. Pantry Puttanesca | Ready in 25 mins
This recipes comes together so quickly, and we’re guessing you might have a lot of the ingredients in your pantry. According to Rose, “All the flavors play beautifully together…a glass of white wine adds the final touch. Will definitely make again and again and again.”
3. Light Lemon Pesto Pasta | Ready in 30 mins
A splash of lemon adds a touch of acidity and brightness to a simple pesto pasta dish. This recipe also has baby spinach and walnuts which give it a more complex flavor. This is a great recipe to make in the summer months when you’ve a glut of basil on your hands.
4. Penne and Vodka Sauce | Ready in 30 mins
This 5-ingredient pasta sauce is divine. It tastes like you’ve put so much work into it, but can be whipped up in minutes.
5. Sugo Rosso (Red Sauce) | Ready in 25 mins
Sometimes the easiest recipes are the best. According to J Clark, “Excellent. Surprisingly complex for such a simple recipe. I can’t wait to try it with fresh heirloom tomatoes next time!”
6. Creamy Pumpkin Sauce | Ready in 30 mins
If you find yourself with some leftover pumpkin purée in the pantry, this creamy pasta sauce is definitely one to try. “Amazing sauce! Crowd favorite! Not too pumpkin-y, but has a definite fall feel to it, which is very much welcome during the fall and winter seasons.” — Pamona2006
7. Not Red Spaghetti Sauce | Ready in 30 mins
If you are looking for a quick, meaty pasta sauce, then look no further. Italian sausage and sherry make this one quick delicious recipe you’ll be making again and again. “Totally different and totally fantastic. Needs to be rated even higher than 5-stars” — AINAELGA
8. Alfredo Sauce | Ready in 20 mins
You are just five ingredients away from this heavenly, cream sauce. If you are craving fast, comfort food, then you need to make this recipe.
9. Pasta with Gorgonzola Sauce and Radicchio | Ready in 25 mins
If you like your cream sauce with a little more depth of flavor, this Gorgonzola sauce is another great one to try.
10. Salsa di Noci | Ready in 25 mins
This authentic Italian sauce is full of herbs, cream, and walnuts and will make you feel like you’re on vacation. Watch and see how easy it is to make.
- 9 Best Quick-and-Easy Shrimp and Pasta Recipes
- Best Make-and-Freeze Pasta Sauces for Quick Dinners Any Time
- 9 Baked Pastas That Are Quick Enough for Weeknights