These clever ideas for decorating Easter cupcakes will put smiles on every bunny’s face.
Easter Cupcake Ideas
• Spread white icing on cupcake.
• Cut medium marshmallow in half lengthwise to make ears.
• Dab a bit on icing on the front of each ear and dip into pink sugar.
• Stand the ears upright in the icing on top of the cupcake.
• Place a candy for the nose.
• Draw the eyes and whiskers with black icing.
• Pipe a circle of chocolate buttercream on cupcake.
• Decorate with chocolate sprinkles.
• Nestle jelly beans or candy eggs into the nest.
Easter Basket Cupcakes
• Decorate the cupcake like a nest (see above) and add a licorice wand to make a handle.
• Top chocolate cupcakes with white buttercream frosting.
• Cut medium marshmallow in half lengthwise (makes two faces)
• Dab frosting on the backs of two edible candy eyes and place on one face.
• Cut black string licorice into short pieces. Using a bamboo skewer, poke two holes at the bottom of the face for nostrils, and two above the eyes for horns. Insert licorice.
• Place the face on the front edge of the cupcake. Place mini marshmallows all over the remaining surface of the cupcake to make wool.
• Stick a short piece of licorice on the back edge of the cupcake to make a tail.
Video: See how to make the bunny, lamb, and nest cupcakes.
More Easter Ideas
• Get ideas for decorating Easter cakes.
• Try these super cute recipes using marshmallow Peeps.
• Here’s how to host an Easter egg hunt, plus recipes for a beautiful Easter brunch.
• Hop over to our entire collection of delicious Easter recipes.