You really can cook healthy dinner recipes on the quick. We’ve tracked down a dozen of them. You want variety, too? Well, we have you covered there, too. Here are healthy dinner ideas…each on the table in 20 minutes or less.
1. Super Simple Salmon | Ready in 15 Mins.
This really is a super-simple recipe with healthy salmon fillets. If you like, replace the butter with olive oil, which as a monounsaturated fatty acid is a healthy dietary fat.
2. Pesto Pizza | Ready in 20 Mins.
Use a pre-baked crust, healthy prepared pesto, and canned artichoke hearts, and you’ll put this pizza on the table in minutes.
3. Tuna Lime Tostadas | Ready in about 10 Mins.
Here’s another healthy dinner idea that’s fresh and delicious. Canned tuna makes this super-quick and easy. Try it in a taco shell, too.
4. Chicken Honey Nut Stir Fry | Ready in 20 Mins.
A quick stir-fry with lots of healthy ingredients — carrots, cashews, a little ginger root, and strips of skinless, boneless chicken breasts, all sweetened with a touch of honey.
5. Yummy Lemon Salmon Burgers | Ready in 20 Mins.
This recipe calls for healthy canned salmon. Try these tasty burgers on a healthy whole wheat bun. Or simply serve it over fresh greens.
6. Six Can Chicken Tortilla Soup | Ready in 20 Mins.
This recipe takes 5 minutes to prep. And has more than 1,200 5-star ratings. Choose low-sodium broth and black beans for this recipe.
7. Broiled Scallops | Ready in 15 Mins.
Serve over fresh greens with a super-simple lemon vinaigrette (1 part lemon juice to 3 parts olive oil). So healthy and delicious.
8. Pesto Turkey Burgers | Ready in 20 Mins.
Prepared pesto and feta cheese take the turkey burger to new heights.
9. Quick Cantonese Sauce | Ready in 15 Mins.
Olive oil, onions, tomatoes, ginger root, and garlic help create a tasty sauce to pair with leftover chicken, cut into strips or cubes. You can cut back on the sugar a bit, too.
10. Easy Salmon Cakes | Ready in 20 Mins.
Here’s another healthy fish recipe that calls for canned salmon. Of course, leftover grilled salmon would work, too. The cakes are done in 8 minutes.
11. Quick and Easy Refried Beans | Ready in 20 Mins.
Give a tostada or taco shell a little schmear of beans, and top with all the fixings, including this 10-minute guacamole.
12. Szechuan Shrimp | Ready in 20 Mins.
So fast. Serve it over brown rice with a simple side of steamed broccoli.
Ready for more healthy recipes that are also easy to make and ready in a flash?
- Simple, Healthy Meals in a Bowl
- Main Dish Salads That Do Healthy Right
- Simple Tips for Eating Healthy With Easy Recipes
Check out our complete collection of Healthy Recipes.