Banana bread is a healthy snack that’s sweet, just the way kids like it. But it won’t have them swinging from the trees–just the way parents like it.
Need a Snack?
Banana bread packs a healthy potassium punch and is easy to make. Just a few simple items to mix together, and you have a last-minute treat! What other baked good is actually better when the main ingredient has been sitting around for awhile?
- The Best Banana Bread
- Lower Fat Banana Bread II
- Janine’s Best Banana Bread
- Banana Bread
- Lower Fat Banana Bread I
With a Little Something Extra
- Banana Pumpkin Bread
- Delicious Raisin Nut Banana Bread
- Banana Nut and Ginger Bread
- Banana Chai Bread
Three Ways to Serve
- Bake a loaf fresh for the week, then slice as you go.
- Bake several loaves and freeze, pulling them out as needed. (Muffins and quick breads can be frozen for up to three months.)
- Slice loaves and freeze servings individually (wrap each in cellophane, then in a resealable plastic bag). Kids can grab one from the freezer in the morning for a snack if they are going straight from school to an after-school activity.