The holiday season can be a major shopping challenge because there are just so many cool gadgets, tools and small appliances out there, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the options. We’re here to make it as easy as pumpkin pie by putting a laser focus on high-tech gifts that will make life a whole lot easier, and way more delicious.
● The Philips Airfryer is a dream come true for fans of crispy chicken, French fries and spring rolls who don’t want to mess with hot oil. About the size of a breadmaker, this small appliance works like an ultra-powerful convection oven, cooking food in a hurry. Sleek enough to live permanently on the kitchen counter, the Airfryer’s going to get big yays for Memphis BBQ Totchos on Game Day and help make weeknight dinners like Baked Halibut with Crispy Panko quick and easy.
● Nobody likes dull knives, and the Wusthof 3-stage Chef’s Choice Electric Knife Sharpener is super at helping those essential kitchen tools keep their edge. It’s one of those tools you didn’t know you needed until you try it. Boom! Just like that, it’s like you’ve got a whole new set of knives making meal prep less of a chore, more of a pleasure.
● Speaking of chores, the iRobot® Roomba® 980 Vacuuming Robot can help make clean-up easier by giving you cleaner floors throughout your entire home, all at the push of a button. The AeroForce™ Cleaning System with Carpet Boost automatically increases power on carpets where it’s needed most; and with the iRobot® HOME App, you can clean and schedule on the go. This season, wrap up the gift that cleans up your holidays, especially after that holiday cookie decorating party.
● Sous vide cooking might sound like something only fancy chefs do, but a Seattle-based company has created an affordable version of this immersion circulation tool that turns out fork-tender steaks, impossibly succulent seafood and intensely flavored veggies. The Joule Sous Vide system from Chef Steps works by cooking vacuum-packed foods in a water bath in your pots, keeping the temperature consistent. If you can master the slow cooker, this takes that principle to the Next Level with a Sous Vide New York Steak or Chef John’s Duck Sous Vide.
● Bzzz, bzzz, your smart phone’s calling! The roast is ready!! Techies are going to be all over the slick iDevices Kitchen Thermometer that allows cooks to monitor roasting meats from mobile devices. When the prime rib emerges from the oven perfectly ruby red and the baked salmon’s not dried out, this future-forward gadget will prove its superstar status.
● Tired of typing, swiping and losing your place? Say hello to the new Allrecipes Alexa Skill for the Amazon Echo. The Allrecipes Skill helps you get dinner done right every night by providing convenient hands-free access to 60,000 of America’s favorite recipes from Allrecipes.com; there is no need to tap, swipe, type, or squint to get the five-star results your family craves.