Strawberry shortcakes forever
Get the recipe: Smart Cookie Strawberry Shortcakes
"Learn how to master this classic summer dessert to get the perfect macerated strawberries nestled between fluffy, tender shortcake layers and topped with vanilla bean whipped cream." — Smart Cookie
Smart Cookie's Top Tips:
- Start on the strawberries first to give them time to sit with the sugar and lemon zest while you make the shortcakes.
- When you're cutting the butter into the flour mixture, the pieces should end up no larger than a pea and the flour should feel like damp sand.
- Don't worry if the dough is sticker than a regular biscuit dough — it's due to all the richness from the eggs and cream.
- To cut out the biscuits, use a quick up and down motion and avoid twisting the cutter.
Watch the video to see it all come together:
More to Explore:
- See more recipes and videos from Smart Cookie on Allrecipes.
- Get our entire collection of strawberry shortcake recipes.
- Try 12 deceptively easy strawberry desserts.
- Wow your crowd with our favorite strawberry cakes.