This skin-crawling appetizer is guaranteed to be the talk of your Halloween party.
This gruesome centerpiece was the creep-out hit of our Allrecipes pre-Halloween bash. One of my co-workers scooped out an eyeball right away and ate it. Sick!
Making it was pretty easy; the cheese mixture was exactly the right amount for the mask, and it firmed up nicely and held its shape. And it tasted great! Want go all mad scientist and make one for your Halloween party? I'll share with you what I learned so yours will turn out as creepy as you want it to be.
How to Make a Flayed Man Cheese Ball: Helpful Tips
- It's tricky to position the olive eyeballs so they don't get all wonky when you add the cheese filling. Next time, I might scoop out little holes and add the olives after the mixture firms up.
- I accidentally used only one 3-ounce package of prosciutto, but it was plenty. Besides, I like how the cheese mixture shows through the thinly sliced prosciutto like bone structure. Ewww.
- Be sure to press the prosciutto down into the nose and lips.
- I used the edge of a spoon to emphasize the outline of the lips. I think that made it extra life-like.
- The next time I make this, I might download a photo of the musculature of the face, and try to copy that with the prosciutto. Because that's how I roll.
WATCH: How To Make A Flayed Man Cheese Ball
Personally, I think this is just too good to keep only for Halloween. Any Walking Dead or Game of Thrones fans out there? This could be your new favorite viewing party snack.
You Might Also Like
Halloween's Savory Side Is A Total Scream
9 Monstrously Easy Halloween Treats
7 Halloween Cocktails To Spook Your Liver
6 Ideas For Using Up All That Halloween Candy Corn
More Halloween Recipes