Tips for Marination Success
- Be sure to use garlic powder, not garlic salt
- Use a blender to mix ingredients
- Give steaks a toss once during marinating time to coat all parts
- Serve with sautéed mushrooms and onions
Steak Marinade Substitutions
- Skip the garlic powder and use 2 cloves minced fresh garlic.
- Skip the parsley and use dried thyme.
- Skip the parsley and use dried basil leaves, rosemary and/or oregano.
- Skip the basil and use Italian seasoning.
- Skip the parsley and use chopped green onions.
- Substitute fresh lemon juice for fresh lime juice.
- Use lemon juice and add rice vinegar.
- Omit the soy sauce and use teriyaki sauce.
Related: How To Marinate Meat, Veggies, and Seafood
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Dijon mustard
- Sriracha sauce
- Chipotle seasoning
- Crushed red peppers
- Red pepper flakes
Get the recipe for the Best Steak Marinade in Existence. Want more marinades? Allrecipes has 1,698 tantalizing marinade recipes you’ll love!