From big Bolognese ragu to simple Sicilian sardines, it's all Italian. Yet Italy's celebrated dishes are sources of great local pride in the places that developed them.
Importance of Place
Some dishes are so closely connected to place that they've assumed the name of their town of origin. In Italy, ordering la Fiorentina gets you a grilled T-bone; una Milanese, a breaded veal chop.
Traditional Italian regional cuisines were perfected in home kitchens. Shared among family and friends over generations, it's no wonder we serve Italian food when the brood's all together.
Italian cuisine offers a whole world of ingredients--fresh seafood, seasonal veggies, cured meats, beautiful cheeses, savory herbs--prepared in ways from simple to elaborate.
See our Authentic Italian Recipes Collection.
- Bolognese Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Risotto alla Milanese
- Gnocchi in Fontina Sauce
- Italian Sausage - Tuscan Style
- Manicotti Alla Romana
- Pork Tenderloin alla Napoli
- Escarole Siciliano
- Fabulous Foolproof Lasagna
- Portofino Lamb and Artichoke Risotto
- Mom's Chicken Cacciatore
- Portobello Mushroom Ravioli with Prawns
- Hearty Fettuccini Bolognese Sauce
- Creamy Pesto Shrimp
- Soft Polenta with Spicy Tomato Sauce