For armchair quarterbacks everywhere, the Big Game is the game. And it's one of the few times that — when it comes to sensible eating — all bets are off. I'll share the must-have recipes that'll make your football party a stand-out success, from snacks to sweets, and all the best fan food in-between.
When you're a true football fan, the lead-up to the main event is just as exciting as the game itself. Check your local listings to see when the pre-game show starts, and make sure you've got plenty of snacks and on hand to fuel your guests until kickoff.
- 10 Quick & Easy Football Party Snacks
- 8 Fun Was to Make Snacks Look Like Football Party Food
- Learn How to Make the Ultimate Crowd-Pleasing Snack Boards
- Get our entire collection of football party snack recipes.
Field of Dips
If you build it, they will come. See how to make a 100-yard football field of dips. It's actually a whole lot easier than you might think.
- The Lazy Cook's Guide to Irresistible Party Dips
- Get our entire collection of football party dip recipes.
Pile High Stadium
Watch the video to see how to make an epic Pile High Stadium of Snacks that will go down in football party history.
Ain't no party like a chicken wing party 'cause a chicken wing party don't stop. The point is, if you're throwing a football party, you've got to throw down your best wings.
- How to Make the Ultimate Bar-Style Buffalo Wings
- 17 Best Chicken Wings for Your Game Day Party
- Everything to Know About Making Chicken Wings
- Get our entire collection of chicken wing recipes.
That's a Lotta Guac
Viewers watching the big game will consume enough guacamole to cover a football field waist-deep in creamy green dip, according to the California Avocado Commission.
What they don't tell us is how much ends up on your couch.
- How to Make the Best Guacamole
- Try 9 Top-Rated, Deliciously Different Ways to Make Guacamole
- Get our entire collection of guacamole recipes.
Low and Slow is the Way to Go
Winning play: Let your slow cooker handle the cooking to free you up to enjoy all the action on the field. We're talking ribs, chili, pulled pork, dips, and more.
More Football Party Food Ideas
A big game calls for big eats. Here are even more ways to make the ultimate football party fan food.
Get the recipes: Best Beer-Soaked Recipes for the Big Game
Get recipes for brats cooked in beer, beer-boosted chili, beer cheese dip, and more.
Get the recipes: The Perfect Mini-Meatballs to Put a Spin on Your Football Party
Footballs and meatballs. Somehow it all makes sense. Here are some of our favorites.
Get the recipes: 10 Totally Over-the-Top Nacho Recipes
There's a whole lot more to these nachos than just chips and cheese. Get recipes for steak nachos, Buffalo-style nachos, seafood nachos, Tater Tot nachos, and lots more.
Get the recipes: Big-Batch Cocktails for the Big Game
We're pouring margaritas, Bloody Marys, Micheladas -- all the favorites.
Get the recipes: Football Party Desserts
Show your team colors or celebrate sweet victory (hopefully both) with crowd-pleasing desserts and treats.