Sometimes, when we’re not working, there’s the irresistible urge to be lazy. Hello, couch potato time and marathon binge watching on Netflix. Go ahead and give into the craving for extreme relaxation by whipping up a French Toast casserole on Friday night. Invite your friends over and encourage them to wear their comfy clothes. Brunch just doesn’t get much easier, or more delicious.
French Toast Casserole Prep Tips
- Cut the bread into cubes and let it sit and dry out for at least an hour. That step helps ensure it thoroughly soaks up the custard.
- Beat the eggs before adding the milk or cream, or milk substitute for the most velvety consistency.
- Reserve some of the spice to sprinkle on top just before baking. Because cinnamon makes the kitchen smell amazing.
- If the recipe calls for citrus, try adding the zest of a lime, lemon or orange to brighten the flavor.
- Cover the casserole with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out in the fridge.
- For a crispy topping, turn on the broiler for the final 2-3 minutes of cooking, keeping a close eye on your creation.
Here are some of our top-rated French Toast Casseroles:
Whether it’s berries, apples, pears or bananas, fruit adds that awesome sweet note to these morning casseroles. Consider serving a big platter of Oven Baked Bacon for a Crowd on the side.
- Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- Apple-Raisin French Toast Casserole
- Made-Over French Toast with Spiced Pears
- Easy Baked Banana French Toast
- Raisin Bread French Toast Casserole
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast
Turn Up the Warm, Fragrant Spices
These beauties earn extra credit for making the kitchen smell magical while baking. Check out our guide to herbs and spices for advice on storing those essential ingredients.
- Baked French Toast
- French Toast Casserole
- Pecan French Toast
- Caramel French Toast
- Overnight Eggnog French Toast