Breakfast in bed is one of the ultimate ways to pamper someone. So show loved ones how important they are by delivering a hearty breakfast.
The secret to a perfect breakfast isn’t exotic ingredients or complicated recipes–it’s in planning ahead. Things to do first:
- Decide on a menu.
- Make a list of everything you need: ingredients, pans, tableware, and serving utensils.
- Make a list of everything you can make the day before: Veggies and meat for omelets can be chopped and bagged; batter for muffins, pancakes, crepes, or scones will do just fine overnight under plastic wrap; and the coffee grounds can sit in the filter, ready for you to press the brew button.
It’s All in the Details
Little things that can make a big difference:
- If you’re serving juice, make it fresh squeezed.
- Buy the best-quality tea and serve in a nice teapot, or grind fresh coffee beans and serve in a French press.
- Garnish the plate with fresh fruit and herbs.
- Pull out the linen napkins, unearth the cups with saucers, and find attractive containers to use as a cream pitcher, a sugar bowl, and a vase.
Breakfast Out of Bed?
Breakfast in bed is a pampered experience, but there are other relaxing places to serve a special breakfast as well. Lay down a nice tablecloth on the table and put a vase full of fresh flowers in the middle, or have a picnic in the back yard–bring out a basket of fresh scones, fruit, and a thermos full of coffee.
Making a special breakfast doesn’t have to be a lot of work. Cut down on prep-time and cleanup by baking muffins or scones the day before. Even easier, serve bagels or pastries from a nearby bakery and put together a simple dish of fruit.
- Banana Crumb Muffins
- Easy Morning Glory Muffins
- Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins
- Apple Scones