Check out these yummy ways to change up your stack of flapjacks.
Sweet and Savory Add-ins
Add these extras to the batter to take pancakes to the next level of delight:
- Chocolate chips
- Flaked or grated coconut
- Cocoa powder
- Cooked and crumbled bacon
- Sliced scallions or chives
- Grated cheese
- Toasted nuts
These inspired combinations win breakfast every time.
- Chunky Monkey = banana + chocolate chips + walnuts
- Beach Bum = pineapple + coconut + banana + coconut flour + coconut milk
- Whole Grain = almond milk + applesauce + almond flour
- Savory Pubcakes = bacon + beer + scallions + Cheddar + fried egg on top
Try these easy substitutions in your pancake batter.
- Almond milk
- Coconut milk
Eggs OR Oil (not both)
Flour (replace only ½ of the regular flour)
- Whole wheat
- Quick-cook oats
- Coconut flour
- Almond flour
More: Find a favorite recipe in Allrecipes' pancake recipes collection.
Get all the tips and tricks you need to make the best pancakes ever.