Sure, old-fashioned buttermilk pancakes are an amazing way to start the day, but what's super fun about flapjacks is that they can also be the perfect place to play. Think of them as a blank canvas, ready to take on all sorts of flavors. Here are some of our top-rated variations on everybody's favorite brunch classic.
Let's make the leap to blueberries and beyond. Just consider all the amazing ways apples and oranges and bananas make pancakes taste extra special. Plus, adding fruit means those flapjacks are good for you, too.
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
- Bourbon Bacon Apple Pancakes
- Veronica's Apple Pancakes
- German Apple Pancake
- Strawberry Vanilla Pancakes
- Banana Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
- Cinnamon Peach Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Dessert for brunch? Yes, please and pass the platter of chocolate drizzled, Southern cake-inspired, treat-filled flapjacks. Balance all the sweetness with bacon cooked in the oven. Those crispy strips are the BFF to these goodies.
- Chunky Monkey Pancakes
- Red Velvet Pancakes
- Creamsicle Pancakes
- Elvis Pancakes
- Mini Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Warming gingerbread, fragrant nutmeg, hints of cinnamon that are reminiscent of Grandma's ambitious baking projects are such a welcome way to greet the day, especially when it's gray outside. But please don't relegate these beauties strictly to cool weather months. They are super yummy every day of the year.
- Cinnamon Griddle Cakes
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Cinnamon Pancakes
- Grandma's Gingerbread Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Nutmeg Whipped Cream
- Simply Pumpkin Pancakes
- Get easy tips to make the best pancakes from scratch.
- Here's the one ingredient that makes ultra-fluffy pancakes.
- Learn how to make eye-popping Dutch baby pancakes in your cast iron skillet.
- Check out these pancakes inspired by favorite cookie recipes.
- Flip through our entire collection of pancake recipes.