Picnics are the prefect way to take a break from it all and enjoy that summer sunshine. You could buy all your picnic food from the store, but a few home-made sandwiches and treats makes a picnic extra special and memorable. Picnic food needs to be simple and easy to transport, but impressive and tasty at the same time. These delicious recipes take less than an hour to whip up, and will make your picnic the one to be at.
1. Muffuletta Sandwich | Ready in 15 Minutes
You’ll be the envy of everyone in the park with one these muffuletta sandwiches.
2. All Natural Strawberry Lemonade | Ready in 15 Minutes
This 5-star lemonade is better than anything you’ll buy at the store. What better way to use fresh summer strawberries?
3. Black Bean and Cucumber Salad | Ready in 15 Minutes
Take advantage of those bargain summer veggies, and make this delicious summer salad. The citrus dressing really sets it apart.
4. Curried Chicken Tea Sandwiches | Ready in 20 Minutes
These sandwiches are 5-star favorites, and something just a little bit different.
5. Asian Chicken Salad in a Jar | Ready in 25 Minutes
This mason jar salad is perfectly portable and a great way to use up leftover grilled chicken.
6. Corn Dog Bites | Ready in 30 Minutes
Kids, and adults wills love these home-made corn-dogs. Don’t forget to bring some ketchup or sweet mustard to go with them.
7. Black Bean and Couscous Salad | Ready in 30 Minutes
This vibrant couscous salad is full of fresh veggies, beans and herbs. It’s filling and satisfying.
8. Savory Spanish Potato Salad | Ready in 35 Minutes
Instead of a regular potato salad, try this piquant Spanish version for a change.
9. Awesome Pasta Salad | Ready in 40 Minutes
This pasta salad truly is awesome, and a favorite of our home-cooks. It looks and tastes divine, but it’s a cinch to make.
10. Lasagna Flatbread | Ready in 40 Minutes
Enjoy the flavor of lasagna without any of the hassle with these ingenious flatbreads made with pasta sauce and ricotta.
11. Lemon Pie Bars | Ready in 50 Minutes
These ‘extra’ lemony pie bars will add something zesty to your picnic.
12. Cheesecake in a Jar | Ready in 55 Minutes
These adorable cheesecakes can be whipped up in no time, but they’re even better if you keep them in cool box for a little while before serving.
13. Chunky Cheesecake Brownies | Ready in 55 Minutes
If you love cheesecake and brownies, you can have it all with this tasty treat.
14. Delicious Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars | Ready in 55 Minutes
These oaty bars will give you just enough energy for that last game of frisbee.
More Picnic Food Ideas
• 12 Top-Rated Creamy Salads for Summer Picnics
• These 7 New Twists on Potato Salad Are the Pride of the Picnic
• Summer’s 7 Best Portable Picnic Desserts
• Create a Go Anywhere Anytime Picnic Kit.
• Explore our complete collection of Picnic Recipes.