Make your pool party the hottest ticket of the summer.
Menu: Easy Eats at the Pool
- California Grilled Veggie Sandwich
- Pool Party Pasta Salad
- Fruity Fun Skewers
- Lemon Cupcakes
- More Summer Recipe Inspiration
- Send invitations stamped with a seaside theme: mermaids, shells, dolphins, pirates, etc.
- Decorate your desserts with mini paper umbrellas.
- Fill plastic beach buckets with fun party favors like goldfish crackers, paper fans, and digging toys.
- Decorate inexpensive flip-flops and straw hats with small shells.
- Hot glue fake flowers on bathing caps.
- Float a couple dozen rubber duckies in the pool.
Pool Party Pointers
- As the temperature soars, keep all prepared food properly chilled. Large disposable aluminum baking pans make great ice beds for bowls and platters.
- Stock extra towels, goggles, sunblock, insect repellant, ponytail bands, beach balls, foam noodles, squirt toys, etc.
- Supply plastic bags to tote wet things home.
- Glassware is a big poolside no-no; use unbreakable cups instead.
Ready to dive into a pool party?
Soggy Movie Marathon
Once the sun goes down, hang a sheet on the fence and roll a film while guests lounge in and out of the water.
Play it Safe
Anytime you plunge people into water, safety is a major consideration. We recommend you hire a qualified lifeguard to watch the kids.
The American Red Cross has a great site with practical advice for pool parties: everything from where to find lifeguards for hire to how long you should wait after eating before diving in.