When you need dinner fast, chicken cutlets are the ideal ingredient. A cutlet is essentially a chicken breast with the tender removed. It's then sliced horizontally and pounded into thin slivers. The wonderful thing about chicken cutlets is that they cook in a flash, and make busy weeknights so much easier. These simple recipes are ready in 30 minutes or less, and are tried and tested winners.
1. Chicken Katsu | Ready in 20 Minutes
Skip the takeout, and make this delicious crispy fried chicken at home. BreeAnn rates it 5 stars: "I LOVED this recipe," she says. "It was so simple, yet really flavorful. The chicken was super tasty!" Serve with store-bought Tonkatsu sauce, or make Lucy's Quick Tonkatsu from the site.
2. Sandy's Chicken Saltimbocca | Ready in 30 Minutes
Prosciutto, chicken, and white wine -- this winning combination makes for the most simple and awesome Italian dinner. "Try this and you'll know why they call it saltimbocca," says SandyG, "which is Italian for 'jump in the mouth.' It's kind of like it jumps right off of your plate. Quick, easy, and so delicious!"
3. Chicken Marsala | Ready in 30 Minutes
This fancy dish is quick enough for weeknights, and the perfect meal to whip together when guests drop by unexpectedly. "An excellent gourmet chicken dish," raves AMELIASATQ. "Quick and simple, too."
4. Quick and Easy Chicken Piquant | Ready in 25 Minutes
This tangy chicken recipe is divine with a glass of white wine. "It's a variation on traditional chicken piquant," says lutzflcat, "which is a spicy Cajun chicken dish. This comes together quickly." Enjoy it served over white rice.
5. Crunchy French Onion Chicken | Ready in 30 Minutes
You're just ingredients away from this crunchy, punchy, fried chicken. "A great, easy recipe for that fried-chicken flavor but it's baked in the oven," says Amanda. "This recipe is great for week nights!"
6. Sicilian Olive Chicken | Ready in 20 Minutes
"This saucy, one-skillet chicken dish is full of tomatoes, spinach, olives and capers," says Breana. "Try Kalamata olives in place of the green Sicilians or a combination of both."
7. Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken | Ready in 25 Minutes
Pan-fried chicken with zingy lime, paprika, and cayenne is such a simple recipe, you'll wonder why you haven't tried it before. "My family loved this," raves MOJO1. "I made a gravy out of the sauce -- added some chicken broth and thickener -- and served the gravy over bow-tie pasta."
8. Tender Italian Baked Chicken | Ready in 30 Minutes
Another family favorite! Mayonnaise is the secret ingredient in these wonderfully moist chicken tenders. "So darn easy to make, and the chicken was so moist and tender, and delicious," says Debbie. "My family loves it."
Check out our complete collection of Chicken Breast Recipes.
- How to Make Chicken Cutlets from Chicken Breast
- Our 7 Favorite Asian Chicken Dishes
- 12 Delicious Chicken Thigh Dinners
- 7 Healthy Chicken Dinners, Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
- 20 Seriously Delicious Chicken Breast Recipes