We've gathered some top-rated tacos for every taste preference! Chicken, turkey, and pork for meat eaters; veggie, tofu, and black bean tacos for vegetarians; and fish tacos for pescatarians. Delicious, yes. And these recipes do it without packing on the calories -- so you can make every day taco day! Give these skinny tacos a try!
1. "Skinny" Chicken Tacos | 272 CaloriesSaute chicken, red bell peppers, sliced jalapeno peppers, and red onions with cumin, garlic pepper, and chipotle pepper. "This was a hit," says SirDino. "The fresh lime definitely sets it off. I added some Mango to the veg mix and it was great."
2. Blackened Salmon Tacos with Chunky Mango Avocado Salsa | 283 CaloriesSeasoned, blackened tacos are topped with a bright, chunky mango and avocado salsa. "Wow," says Traci Waller. "My family has a new taco for Taco Tuesday."
3. Dave's Mexican Veggie Tacos | 334 CaloriesSweet potatoes, leeks, and other veggies team up with black beans and avocado, salsa, cilantro, and queso fresco. "They're terrific," says Ma's Diner. "And the nutrition is through the roof. Don't leave out the leeks!"
4. Slow Cooker Cilantro-Lime Chicken Tacos | 358 CaloriesA whole chicken is sprinkled with seasoning salt, rubbed with garlic, and cooked low and slow with lime juice and a little white wine. "Super fresh and clean ingredients," says chris and britni. "Amazing!"
6. Vegan Tofu Tacos | 196 CaloriesAdobo seasoning and chili powder add spicy flavor to diced tofu, red bell peppers, and white beans. Wrap the mixture in chard leaves for a gluten-free, vegan taco. "My friend and I devoured these tacos," said Michelle Gutierrez.
7. Dee's Roast Pork for Tacos | 207 CaloriesPork shoulder roasts slowly with diced green chilies and seasonings until the meat just falls apart. "This is a dish that will make your tongue jump out of your mouth, slap you in the face, and say 'Oh yeah,'" says MARMOLEJO.
8. Street Taco with Mango Salsa | 309 CaloriesThese hearty, healthy street-style tacos are loaded with tofu, black beans, freekeh, and veggies, and topped with feta cheese and a fresh mango salsa. "Doesn't have to always be tofu," says Kori. "Try a variety of grains as meat substitutes. Use ground turkey, pork, or chicken, too."
9. Fiery Fish Tacos with Crunchy Corn Salsa 351 Calories"Spicy grilled fish are cooled down with a fresh crunchy veggie salsa featuring fresh corn," says LouiseCol. "Your guests will swim back for seconds!"
10. Butternut Squash Tacos | 239 caloriesFill warm tortillas with roasted butternut squash and cumin-scented black beans. "Delicious," says mg-newhampshire. "I made it for the vegan in the family as an option to the chicken and beef fillings, and everyone liked this one just as much."
Check out our collection of Vegetarian Taco Recipes.
- 7 Mexican-Style Chicken Recipes Everyone Should Know
- 8 Clean-Eating Recipes That Do Tex-Mex Right
- World Cuisines Inspire 9 Healthyish Ground Chicken Recipes