Every day is a good day for s'mores.
S'mores lovers, there really is a National S’mores Day. And it lands each year on August 10. Which, coincidentally, is around when camping season peaks. I see what they did there.
But hardcore s'mores fans don't need a national day or even a campfire to enjoy the classic flavor trifecta of graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallow. Instead, here are 10 decadent ways you can enjoy s'mores every day — without the pesky wood smoke and mosquito bites.
There may not be s'mores in the title, but this recipe is s'mores to the core. Layers of coffee ice cream and chocolate fudge nestled in a graham cracker crust get topped with gooey marshmallow cream and itty bitty marshmallows. Then the whole thing gets lightly toasted and you get a huge round of applause.
Start with your favorite brownie mix (or homemade brownie recipe) and top with graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and chopped up chocolate bars. Bake, cool, cut, devour. It's that simple.
When you need a quick and easy s'mores fix, this simple 4-ingredient dessert comes together in just minutes to give you all the pleasure of warm, melty chocolate and marshmallows scooped up with graham crackers. Perfect for binge-watching nights.
In this super easy s'mores variation, chocolate and marshmallow get all melty with graham cracker crumbs inside pan-grilled flour tortillas. Let's just go ahead and call these s'mores quesadillas.
Here's a grown-up take on s'mores: Yes, the ingredients are layered and baked in a pan, then cut up into bars for serving. But what elevates this dessert is the layer of rich chocolate ganache in the middle. (Ganache is simply chocolate melted in hot cream to make it extra sinful, so don't be intimidated by the name or the technique. In fact, here's how easy it is to make ganache.)
Layers of ice cream, chocolate pudding, and graham cracker crumbs go into these adorable pudding pops. You can put a touch of chocolate liqueur in the pudding mix just to fancy it up for the grown-ups, if you'd like.
Try this baked-in-a-pan version of s'mores when prowling bears have you stuck inside without a campfire.
This frozen pie has everything you love about s'mores: graham crackers, chocolate in the middle, and toasted marshmallows over the top. Watch the video to see how it all comes together.
How about an ice-cold big gulp of liquid s'more goodness? So refreshing on a hot summer's day.
10. S'mores in a Cup
Easy-to-serve individual s'mores cups are sophisticated enough for grown-ups and cute enough for the kid in you.
Bonus: s'more, please!
Try three more fun ways to have more s'mores with these delicious twists on the classic treat.
1. Pudding Parfaits: Layer chocolate pudding, broken graham crackers, and mini marshmallows in small containers, repeating layers one or twice so that marshmallows wind up on top. Chill 4 to 6 hours before serving to soften the graham crackers.
2. Energy Bites: Combine 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup each peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup honey, and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips in a bowl. Chill 30 minutes. Shape into balls, tucking a mini marshmallow inside each ball. Chill in an airtight container. Makes 16.
3. Brownies: Spread half a batch of standard brownie batter in an 8x8-inch pan. cover with graham crackers; top with remaining batter. Bake as directed. Top with mini marshmallows and broil to brown slightly. Let cool at least 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
More S'Mores to Explore
- Get 8 more ways to get your s'mores indoors, including a luscious s'moretini cocktail.
- Try these inventive s'mores ingredient swaps for serious s'mores lovers only.
Portions of this article appeared in Allrecipes Magazine.