A few helpful hints will ensure your slow cooker Sunday is a great success.
What could be more convenient? Prepare your slow cooker the night before and refrigerate, or simply toss everything in first thing in the morning. Then plug it in and forget about it! You’ll have a delicious meal by evening.
Slow Cooker Tips
Keep a few favorite recipes and ingredients on hand, and you’ll always have a meal idea at the ready. Here are some other quick tips:
- No frozen meats. Always defrost meats and poultry before placing them in a slow cooker.
- Smaller chunks. Cut whole chickens and large pieces of meat into smaller chunks to ensure thorough cooking.
- Layer your ingredients. Vegetables should be placed in the bottom and up the sides of the pot, then layer in the meat on top.
- Fill ‘er up. It’s best to fill a slow cooker to at least one-half and no more than three-fourths full.
- Keep the lid on. Each time you lift the lid you’ll lengthen the cooking time, this can be anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes.
Get more slow cooker recipes and advice:
- Learn to how to Convert Recipes For Your Slow Cooker.
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooking is Good Cooking