Warm temperatures mean outdoor cooking, but most people only think of the grill when it comes to backyard barbecues and afternoon and evening get-togethers. Take full advantage by making brunch a grillworthy event, as the magic of cooking over an open flame can add that something special to many morning/afternoon dishes.
The Main Event
Up your brunch affair by cooking any main dishes on the grill. The smoky flavor is great for savory meat and veggie dishes, while you can even use a standard pan, a cast iron skillet or muffin tin over your grill’s open flame to cook eggs.
Photo by bour3/Flickr
- Shrimp and Grits on the Barbie
- Pineapple Grilled Pork Chops
- Steak and Egg Hash
- Cajun Fried Egg Sandwich
- Easy Breakfast Sausage Burgers
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Roasted Pepper Sauce and Cilantro Pesto
Impart any accompaniments with that unique pleasantly charred flavor by turning to the grill for side dishes. These popular recipes could also serve as excellent appetizers for a brunch get-together.
Photo by SpunkyBuddy
- Grilled Parmesan Asparagus
- Grilled Bacon-Stuffed Strawberries
- Grilled Pepper Steak Salad
- Grilled Bell Peppers with Goat Cheese
- Quick and Easy Grilled Potatoes
Something Sweet for the Win
Don’t turn that grill off once you’ve cooked all your savory dishes! A real way to knock a brunch out of the park is with a grilled sweet dish, taking advantage of how natural sugars in fruit will caramelize when they come in contact with that iron grate.
Photo by rainbowjewels
- Grilled Peaches & Ice Cream
- Grilled Strawberry Shortcake with Sweet Cream
- Haitian French Toast
- Grilled Pineapple