Secrets to perfectly delicious cookies!
Here are 10 smart things you can do to bake better cookies.
1) Use the best quality ingredients–they’ll produce the tastiest cookies.
2) Always use large-size eggs, unsalted butter and nuts, and pure extracts of vanilla or almond.
3)Successful baking relies on the correct ratio of ingredients, so be sure to measure accurately.
4) Most cookie recipes call for all-purpose flour. For the best results, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup and level with a knife. Do not sift unless the recipe specifically says to do so.
5) Unless you are baking with non-stick pans and cookie sheets, use parchment paper for stick-free baking and easy clean-up.
6) Chill dough for cut-out cookies, and soften it up at room temperature for a few minutes before rolling out.
7) Leave at least two inches of space between cookies so they don’t spread into each other.
8) Adjust baking times to achieve the cookie texture you crave. A little less time produces chewier cookies; a little more time makes them crispy.
9) Bake bar cookies in the pan size indicated in the recipe.
10) Cool cookies completely before decorating.