It's a yummy breakfast treat that's very easy to make! Here is our simple, top-rated pancake recipe, along with tried-and-true tips and tricks to make the fluffiest, tastiest pancakes ever.
Tips and Tricks from Our Community
Make it ahead:
- "Batter will keep in fridge for a couple of days if you can't make all at once, or you can freeze and make at a later date," says recipe submitter Steve Whiting.
Make it healthier:
- Jessica Sherman suggests adding 2 Tbsp each of milled flax seed and wheat germ to the batter for a healthy fiber boost.
- Sweets substituted whole wheat flour for the white flour ("which I couldn't even taste because the flavor of this pancake is so awesome"), and nonfat plain yogurt for the buttermilk.
Make 'em fluffy:
- Also from Sweets, a note to those who found their pancakes to be tough and chewy: "That's usually a sign that the pancake batter was mixed too long or strongly ... try gently mixing in the dry ingredients into the wet slowly and gently until moistened, and see if that makes a difference!"
- Did not have buttermilk on hand so used 2 tblsp of lemon juice and filled measuring cup to 2 cups of milk...let sit for 5-10 mins to make your buttermilk, then added the required 1/2c regular milk with the rest of the wet ingredients," suggests Loralie.
Also, be sure to let the butter cool after melting before adding the eggs so you don't "cook" the eggs, advises Jillian.
Big fan of brunch? Check out our library of breakfast and brunch recipes.