We love fall and winter squash, but spaghetti squash lands at the top of the list because of its ability to go from a straight-up vegetable to a full meal deal. Just add toppings! Here are some of our greatest sauce/meat/chili hits, all receiving 5-star ratings from our community of enthusiastic reviewers. Try one, or try 'em all and serve up your own feedback in the "Review It" tab of the recipes.
This golden squash gets its name from its uncanny ability to mimic the pasta, so let's take a dip into that traditional territory. These hearty sauces score big points for delivering on the flavor. Please pass the Parm!
Watch the short video below for a step-by-step guide to making the top-rated Spinach Basil Pesto:
Curries are typically served on top a steaming bowl of rice, but the neutral flavor and al dente texture of spaghetti squash makes a fine platform for the spicy stews from around the globe. Here are a few faves.
- Chef John's Peanut Curry Chicken
- Panang Curry with Chicken
- Curry Stand Chicken Tikka Masala Sauce
- Sri Lanka Beef Curry
- These preparations are satisfying enough to please the most devoted meat-and-potatoes fan. The star ingredient shines even more brightly on this spaghetti squash stage, from Chef John's awesome Beef Stroganoff (featured in the video below) to juicy pork carnitas.
- Slow Simmer Beef Stew
- Orange-and-Milk Braised Pork Carnitas
- Instant Pot Chicken Caccitore
- Pork Stew in Green Salsa
Let's hit the refresh button on Chili Mac and swap out those noodles for something that's low carb. There's absolutely no shame in finishing off this combo with a dollop of sour cream, homemade salsa or crumbled cojita cheese. That's gonna take the chill off.